Saturday, May 14, 2011

relighting an old flame.

its name is Blogger. ... it has definitely been a minute since i've poured a part of life into cyber space.  and why one might ask?  well to be honest, my life is in one word: mellow.  compared to the non-stop life i led during some amazing days when i lived in arizona, my life has come to a literal screeching halt.  but for all the best reasons... a wise twenty three year old might say.

not only is my LIFE somewhat uneventful but, i also don't have interests. ... er, that came out wrong. i do have interests.  just not the provoking kinds that other people would be genuinely interested in or the ones that many of my other creative-minded friends have found such a compelling way of critiquing.

i do magically find my time wasted by surfing wedding blogs, attending countless Padres games with the genuine hope of catching a player's (a.k.a. my future husband's) eye, watching hours of shows on TLC & HGTV, and working for free-ninety-nine at my dad's winery...

and WHY am i posting to a blog at 11:30pm on a Saturday night while just about everyone else in my generation is making careless choices and creating memories they won't remember tomorrow? not because i am righteous or strong-willed... not at all. actually, when it comes to a Saturday night, those are two things i am not. :) the honest truth is that i am "working".  my "work" this evening consists of babysitting one of the many venues i work for to ensure the event does not cause a riot ... literally.  therefore i am bored.  and a bored raquel means a lot of rambling...

but i'll end my ramble here. expect more to come now that i have unlocked another detour to being productive. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment